Wendy’s Home Care (WHC) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles and we are committed to ensuring that we deal with personal information in a way that is compliant with our legal obligations.
The purpose of this policy is to outline;
- how we manage personal information in an open and transparent way,
- how we deal with the collection of personal information,
- how we may use and disclose personal information,
- how we ensure the quality and security of personal information,
- how we deal with requests to access or correct personal information, and
- how complaints can be made regarding breaches of this Policy or the Australian Privacy Principles
This policy applies to all users of WHC services and all WHC employees, contractors and suppliers handling personal information on behalf of WHC.
- We collect and hold personal information provided to us by yourself, your authorised representative or other agencies involved in your serviceYour personal information is held on a secure server and paper records are stored in an alarmed building.We will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means. Sensitive information that is reasonably necessary for the provision of your services will only be collected with your consent.If we receive information about you that we did not solicit, we will, within a reasonable time period after receiving the information, determine if we could have collected the information under the Australian Privacy Principles. If we determine that the information could not have been collected, we will, as soon as practicable, destroy the information or ensure the information is de-identified.
- We will not hold your personal information for any purpose other than for the purpose of your service provision unless;
- the use or disclosure of the information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court / tribunal order;
- a permitted general situation exists in relation to the use or disclosure of the information; or
- a permitted health situation exists in relation to the use or disclosure of the information; or
- we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcementIf information is used or disclosed for a permitted health reason, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is de-identified before we disclose it.If we use or disclose information in a way described at point 3 (a),(b),(c) or (d) we will make a written note of the disclosure.We will not use your personal information that we collect from you for direct marketing purposes unless we have your consent. You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications at any time. We will not make cross-border disclosures of your personal information. We will not use or disclose any government- related identifier attached to your personal information unless a circumstance arises that makes such use or disclosure lawful. We will not use any government- related identifier attached to your personal information to use as one of our own system identifiers.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose, is accurate, up-to-date andWe are committed to the security of the personal information we hold and take reasonable steps to protect this information from
- misuse, interference and loss;
- unauthorised access, modification orIf we no longer need your personal information and if we are not required under Australian law, or a court / tribunal order, to retain the information, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is securely destroyed and / or de-identified.
- You may request that we make the personal information we hold about you available by submitting a request to the Quality & Compliance Manager. To make a request phone (02) 4587 5999, email email@example.com or mail your request to Wendy’s Home Care, PO Box 90 NSW 2756. We will respond to your request for access to your personal information within 30 days if reasonable and practicable to do so. We may in some circumstance deny your request, if we do we will take reasonable steps to give access in a way that meets both your needs and ours. If we refuse your request for access to your information we will provide our grounds for refusal in writing and will provide information for you to make a complaint regarding ourIf we hold personal information about you, and we are satisfied that, having regard to a purpose for which the information is held, the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading; or you request we correct the information; we will take reasonable steps to correct that information.
- If you are concerned that we may have breached this Policy or the Australian Privacy Principles you can make a complaint to the Quality & Compliance Manager by calling(02) 4587 5999, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailing your complaint to Wendy’s Home Care, PO Box 90, Windsor NSW 2756. Your complaint will be dealt with in accordance with our Complaint Management Policy. If you are not satisfied that we have resolved your complaint we encourage you to refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by emailing email@example.com , faxing your complaint to (02) 9284 9666 or mailing your complaint to GPO BOX 5218, Sydney NSW 2001.
Policy Owner & Key Responsibilities
The policy owner is the General Manager. The General Manager has overall responsibility for the management of legal compliance obligations and overall responsibility for ensuring WHC fulfils its legal obligations and effectively manages any risk exposure that may result from compliance failures. The General Manager has overall responsibility for providing formal assurance as to the state of compliance of WHC.
The General Manager is responsible for implementing this policy, internal reporting on the outcomes and effectiveness of this policy, and for maintaining the currency of this policy.
The Quality & Compliance Manager is responsible for responding to and managing requests for access to information and is responsible for responding to and managing complaints.
Consultation & Approval
Employees and clients of Wendy’s Home Care were consulted in the development of this policy. This policy has been approved by the General Manager.